Historic Minneapolis Walking and Biking Tours
This summer, join Preserve Minneapolis to learn more about Minneapolis neighborhoods, buildings, businesses, people, and more.
Check out the offerings this month and visit the Preserve Minneapolis website for a full list of tours through September.
- Fort Snelling Upper Post (Tuesday, June 10, 6:30pm)
- Old Highland in North Minneapolis (Saturday, June 14, 10:00am)
- East Hennepin: Behind the Scenes (Sunday, June 15, 10:00am)
- Lakewood Cemetery: A Memorial Landscape (Wednesday, June 18, 6:30pm)
- Milwaukee Avenue Historic District (Saturday, June 21, 10:00am)
- Queer History: A Tour of Gender and Sexuality in Minneapolis (Sunday, June 22, 10:00am) - Led by former Special Collections intern, and LGBTQ historian, Stewart Van Cleve!
- An Architect’s Stories from the Mill City Museum Construction (Saturday, June 28, 10:00am)
Cost: $8 per person unless otherwise noted
Please note that space is limited and many events will sell out before the day of the event.
Time: Tours typically last 90 minutes to 2 hours. Exact times are contingent on factors such as weather and group size. Please contact us if you have any questions about lengths of specific tours, or ask your guide at the beginning of the tour.
Distance/terrain: Please see details listed for each tour. Some tours are short and flat, others are longer and hilly.
Kids (and strollers) are welcome, but no dogs or other pets, please.Questions or concerns about the tour program? please contact the Tour Coordinater, Katy Epler, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-695-7572.