Built in 1875 and referred to as the “Princess” for its gingerbread canopy, it had as many as 39 trains stopping at it on summer weekends in the early 1900s. It was built by the Milwaukee Road for Minnehaha Park visitors.
It is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society and run by the Minnesota Transportation Museum. It is open on Sundays from Memorial Day to Labor Day, 1:30-5:30 pm.
Here is a 1938 photo of the station from Special Collections.