Nicollet Hotel, 1924 and 1954
The corner of Washington and Hennepin was the location of the Nicollet House hotel from 1858-1923. It was replaced by the Nicollet Hotel in 1924 and operated as a hotel until 1973. It is now a parking lot and is along with the Sheraton-Ritz lot, sometimes proposed as possible future green space surrounding Minneapolis Central Library. The 1954 postcard is of the Waikiki Room, known for its exotic Hawaiian beverages and decor.