Minneapolis Lakers Floor, 1959
For most of their existence, the Minneapolis Lakers basketball team divided their time between various venues, including the Minneapolis Auditorium and Minneapolis Armory. In 1959 owner Bob Short invested in a new floor and seats and made the Armory the permanent home of the Lakers. The Lakers only played on the floor one season, they moved to Los Angeles in 1960. Hennepin County stored and later refinished the floor. The floor was installed in the Town Ball Tavern at Target Field in 2010.